Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Really! No Baby Yet!

So, I had high hopes that this morning when I went to the doctor that I would be admitted for an induction. But, NO! Instead I was attached to a fetal monitor and then sent off to have a ultrasound. The doctor wanted to make sure that there was enough  fluid in my belly for Brooklyn to stay put for another five days or so. Now I am looking at MONDAY before he will think about inducing me. Needless to say it was a great big disappointment. I guess I could always go into labor between now and then, but I was dilated to a two and my cervix was still thinning and Brooklyn was still floating, but in the correct position. My poor mom flew out last Thursday to be here for her birth and then is scheduled to leave on Saturday. Needless to say she will be here for a little longer. Which is great for me! I enjoy having my mom around. Since I live so far away from all my family it is nice having her here to keep me company. I also decided to go back to work tomorrow. I feel like I am wasting my maternity time just hanging around without a baby to take care of. My mom will have to keep herself company for a day or so. Tomorrow night we are going to go a company Christmas party just to have something to do. Well, hopefully Brooklyn will decide she is ready to make her grand entrance SOON!


1 comment:

Kensie said...

Girl, I can SO identify with where you are.....going every week....thinking this would be the day!! I'm SO glad your mom is staying longer....that's gotta help you feel better!!! Other than being impatient, how are ya??? I'm SO excited and anxious to see that sweet baby girl!!!! And yes, the time is FLYING by now that Tyler is here....it'll be the same for you when Brooklyn gets here!!