Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Big Day!


 To start off Brooklyn and my morning when I went to change her diaper I discovered she lost her "belly button" umbilical cord. Now she can have a good bath. Then this afternoon I had to take her to get her second round of newborn blood
 work. When we got there I thought she would be able to stay in her car seat and they would just poke her and get on with it, but NO. I had to unstrap her and hold her down on a little table. Then the horror began. They warmed up her little foot and cleaned it off and then BOOM! Cry baby Cry! She just let loose. It was so sad to watch your baby cry because some mean lady hurt her. She cried until mommy got to hold her. She was such a little trooper.
Then I was able to bring my little baby home. She is 
such a good baby. I have been experiencing a little difficulty nursing. You just don't know how much your little baby is getting, but I think my little baby is getting toooo much. She gets to the point to where she pukes up her food. Not just a little, but in mass quantities. So, I called the doctor and I am feeding her every two to four hours for thirty minutes. I started that at 4:45 pm. I hope this will keep her from giving it all back. She is peacefully sleeping right now and she has puked it up yet. KNOCK ON WOOD! 

2 comments:

Kensie said...

I know about the vomiting; Tyler has what we call projectile vomiting at times because he's such a little pig! LOL!! I've been giving him a bottle of my milk and burping him every ounce; that seems to help a lot!

I was so glad when Tyler lost his umbilical cord too; I was always afraid I was gonna hurt him when I changed his diaper!!

How fun will Christmas be with Brooklyn! I know you're excited!!

*Valerie* said...

lol the lady wasn't being mean she was just doing her job! I worked monday after 5 days off and of course got a baby with RSV that needed blood work and fluids. Welcome back to work! You get to start an IV on an infant! Oh joy! I even caught my finger shake as I was about to stick that lil cutie! God was with me tho! I got the IV, blood work and blood cultures in one stick! I don't consider myself a meanie! I was just doing my job to help make um better! Hope she stops vomiting so she's back up to birth weight on the next doctors appointment! Talk to you soon! Post more pics :) love yall!