Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Almost 24 Hours Old

Well, its MOM! My beautiful daughter is almost a full day old and is doing amazing. We have had such a amesome and blessed day. Nick and I are very fortunate to have had my mom here to help out during the entire process. There are so many things to say about being a first time parent. The entire labor experience was totally unbelievable. I woke up the morning of the 11th at unable to determine if I was having labor pains or gas. I called my doctors office and they told me to head into the hospital. Nick got ready and we were off. By then I determined that I was in LABOR. I was very nervous about getting the epi! I had myself so worked up I was ready to cry before the procedure even started. It was the most painLESS experience ever. The doctor was very quick in and out without no pain. I was very proud of myself. Nick and my mom kept me focused. So after a very long 17 hours later we were ready to push. So, myself and my "dream team" were ready to push. We started at 1:30am. Daddy was my counter doing an amazing job of counting me out during my contractions, telling me to breath and keeping me focused. My mom, well she was amazing beyond words. Supporting my head, helping me push, encouraging me, photographer and really all around great. Nick was amazed by the whole birthing experience. It took much longer than we all expected, but in the end Brooklyn Lea Wood arrived healthy, very pink and with a full head of brown hair. She is beautiful. Thanks everyone for all your prayers and well wishes. We are very blessed! I will post more photos when we get to go home on Sunday.

3 comments:

Kyle and Marci said...

Congratulations Vanessa!! You and I both have our little Christmas babies and they are wonderful! Looking forward to more pictures when you get home. Hope you have an easy and speedy recovery.

Kensie said...

Vanessa, I'm SO glad you had a positive experience with delivery!! I felt exactly the same way about the epidural....it was nothing and I had been SO worried about it!! Your best times are ahead of you....wait until you get her home....all those cute clothes on that cute little girl!! Welcome to mommyhood!! Can't wait to see more pics of your sweet Brooklyn!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulation from Cousin Gussy, Adriana, and baby Victor. We're very happy for you and Nick and are glad you had a great birthing experience. Brooklyn is very beautiful!! If you have any questions don't hesitate to give us a call. We were in your shoes 9 1/2 months ago. :) We look forward to more pictures. Much love to you, Nick, and baby Brooklyn. Love, The Varela's.