Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What a Journey?

I have been truly blessed with an amazing pregnancy. I am at the finish line and as I reflect back over the past nine months I am blessed. HEARTBURN! That is it! That has been the worst of it. So, I don't get 8 to 12 hours of sleep a night. So, I have gained 20 pounds actually 17, but whatever. Maybe I had two weeks of morning sickness. So, I have a couple of stretch marks on my tummy. I never showed my belly before I was pregnant NOW I really won't. I get the WHOLE bed to myself every night. Nick moved to the guest bedroom a few (SIX) months ago so that during my 5 to 10 visits to the bathroom or repositioning myself to get comfortable he doesn't get woken up all the time. I sleep in the middle of the bed, on my side, his side, with my head at the foot of the bed, the other night I even slept sideways in the middle of the bed. Just trying to find the perfect spot is soooooo much easier with one person. I think we decide we are going to invest in a king size bed SOON. One night I had a "charlie horse" and yelled actually I screamed in agony and he came running. The last few months Nick has been really great. Not that he wasn't always great, but he cleans the house. NO, NO, I know it is hard to believe, but he sweeps, mops, vacuums, laundry, and the other day he dusted. I just sat there and watched in amazement. The only thing I think I have missed out on is the CrAvInGs! I haven't had any! NONE! There are things that I can't get in Nevada that I could get in Texas that my family (Thank you Mom, Veronica and Valerie) has mailed up to me. Wolf Brand Chili and Sour Pickles! Here in Nevada you can't get those two things. I only like Wolf Brand Chili and if I am going to eat pickles by themselves it is going to be SOUR pickles. I don't do Hormel chili or sweet pickles or those horrific bread and butter pickles. I am super excited to make pigs in a blanket and dip them in my Wolf Brand Chili. I have never made them for Nick so tomorrow he is in for quite the treat. I am starting to have small contractions very minor, but I am getting so anxious. Not really scared, but anxious and nervous. I am 26 years old and have NEVER experienced pain before in my life. I have never broke a bone or been in the hospital, besides getting stitches once when I was 8 or so (Thank you Jimmy Ray!) or giving blood. NO PAIN! Sorry ladies not even cramps! I am hoping for a quick and "painless" birth. The only thing I am scared of is getting the epidural. I am almost opposed to it, because I am scared it is going to hurt. I am sure I will make my mind up after child birth class on Saturday. I guess I will go and finish the CMA's and head to bed.

6 comments:

Kensie said...

The epidural was a piece of cake for me! It didn't even hurt! Now, the stitches afterward....that's another story! You'll do fine; I was amazingly calm through the whole process except the last ten minutes! LOL! How big do they think Brooklyn will be?

Kensie said...

Things were good today; Brandon went back to work on Wednesday but my mom took off so actually today was my first day by myself. It went pretty well, but I was nervous that I might do something wrong. I'm always checking on him and making sure he's ok. I'm always wondering if he's too hot, too cold, sleeping too much, not sleeping enough......welcome to mommyhood!

Kyle and Marci said...

Hey Vanessa...I'm loving the blog world. You just never know who is going to leave you a comment! You look so cute. These last few weeks can be so uncomfortable, but like you, I had a wonderful pregnancy. And Mackensie is right the epidural was nothing. The pain of the contractions were worth the tiny prick of the needle! Hang in there.

Tara said...

Hey Vanessa! Congratulations on your baby girl!! How are you doing? It's been a long time, I am glad you are blogging...it's so fun to find new people and keep up with them!! I love the name Brooklyn, that was one of my girl names! Good luck with your upcoming delivery and I can't wait to see pictures!!

Mimi said...

Honey it is almost over and you will be thrilled at the site of your precious baby girl I know I will But I say go for the prick in the back I sure don't want you to be ugly on such a blessed event. And your mother don't want her feelings hurt when she has to tell you to buck it up if you choose not to go for the epidural. I love you sweet heart see you real soon
Mom/Mimi

Kensie said...

Don't you love the colors in that collection? We'll get the high chair a little later when he actually needs it!

How are you doing? What's the doctor saying? Are you getting nervous?